On orders $100+
Pheasant Tail Sakasa Kebari - Tenkara Fly Tying Video
How to tie a Pheasant Tail Sakasa Kebari by Brent Auger of DRAGONtail Tenkara. This is a great effective tenkara fly pattern to fish with for trout. Hope you enjoy our many Tenkara Fly Tying videos.
Fly tied by Brent Auger of DRAGONtail Tenkara and is based off of a traditional pheasant tail soft hackle fly.
Fly Tying Recipe Materials List:
- Moonlit ML062 #12 barbless fly tying hook
- Red - Semperfli Classic Waxed Thread
- Natural Pheasant Tail feather
- Copper Wire (or Antique Gold - Semperfli Micro Metal)
- Peacock Herl
- Mottled Dark Dun - Whiting Brahma Hen Saddle hackle
- My favorite Whip Finish tool: Stonfo Whip Finisher
This is a very effective soft hackle tenkara fly that should work on all waters and most species of fish, especially trout in mountain creeks & streams. This fly is meant to be fished as a wet fly (sub-surface).
It is not super basic but it is an easy fly to tie for most beginner fly tyers that have a little experience under their belt.
Checkout our other Youtube Fly Tying videos here >>