On orders $100+
Steel Hot Head Sakasa Kebari - Tenkara Fly Tying Video
How to tie a Steel Hot Head Sakasa Kebari by Brent Auger of DRAGONtail Tenkara. This is a great effective tenkara fly pattern to fish with for trout. Hope you enjoy our many Tenkara Fly Tying videos.
Fly tied by Brent Auger of DRAGONtail Tenkara.
Fly Tying Recipe Materials List:
- Moonlit ML062 #12 barbless fly tying hook
- Red - Semperfli Classic Waxed Thread
- Steel - Semperfli Classic Waxed Thread
- Hareline India Hen Neck hackle natural color
- Vicuna Dubbing Hare's Ear Sub
- My favorite Whip Finish tool: Stonfo Whip Finisher
I have always had good luck with grey flies and this will be a productive fly for you for trout and other species. This fly is meant to be fished as a wet fly (sub-surface).
If you have not used Vicuna Dubbing before you will love it, I like it so much better than hares ear dubbing. You might checkout our dubbing collections to get started with some great choices.
Very easy fly to tie for most beginner fly tyers.
Checkout our other Youtube Fly Tying videos here >>