TalonMINI 310 Pocket Mini Tenkara Rod (Pre-Order for January 2024)
We are now pre-selling the January 2024 shipment.
This Pocket Mini Tenkara rod is super compact, light weight, flexible 6:4 action, and has a durable construction. Everything we wanted when we set out to design a Mini Tenkara rod.
TalonMINI Rod Specs:
Rod Action: 6:4
Collapsed Length: 30.8cm (12.125in)
Extended lengths: 310cm (10.17ft)
Weight: 2.6 ounces (74.1 g) (without tip cap)
Rod Tube Length/Weight: about 13.3 inches / 3.5 ounces
CCS/RFI: 15.5 pennies/5.0 RFI
Tippet Rating: 4x
Cork Grip Length: 15cm (5.9 inches)
# of Sections: 14
Here Are Some Highlights:
- Very Short Collapsed Length at just over 12 inches (13 inches in the case) it will fit easily in any backpack, motorcycle compartments, strap on bike frames, fit in your airplane carry on bag, in car glove box, or even a hoody pocket. Fantastic for a trail runner, a quick hike, or even a bike ride. Small enough that there is no reason not to take it everywhere you go, just incase you have a chance to fish.
- 10ft Extended Length so you can fish most situation from creeks, ponds, small rivers, and mountain lakes.
- Medium-Soft Action With A Hint Of Fiberglass. Most tenkara mini pocket rods are stiff due to having so many sections, so we added just the right amount of glass in certain sections to make our pack rod cast like a dream.
- Durable Material Blend. Most tenkara mini pocket rods that have a good mid flex are very fragile, this is not the case with the TalonMINI rod. Our blend of materials will stand up to some big fish with no worries.
- Light Weight so you can cast it all day with very little fatigue and save weight in your ultra-light backpack. Very durable even without the hard case so you can leave the case weight behind.
- Comfortable Cork Handle Grip. Many pocket mini tenkara rods do not include a nice handle, this is not the route we wanted to go. With our TalonMINI you get the compactness and the nice handle for all day fishing with no hand fatigue.
- IT IS FUN! We have taken this rod to a few fly fishing expos and everyone just loves casting it and amazed at it's action for such a compact rod. Although it will handle a decent sized fish, it is just the right action to make the little mountain trout plenty of fun to catch.
At just 12 inches collapsed, there is no reason the TalonMINI can't go everywhere with you so you will never miss a fishing opportunity.
Keep it in the glove box, under the car seat, in a jacket pocket, in any bag or compartment, or strap it on your bike anywhere! It is literally too small to leave behind. Plus, this pocket MINI tenkara rod flat out performs!!!
With our special blend of fiberglass added to our carbon fiber, our TalonMINI gives you a wonderful casting rod flex action without sacrificing rod strength or durability.
From small wild trout, or bluegill, that require sensitivity to some decently sized trout or a nice bass, the TalonMINI has you covered! You will be amazed at how deep this rod will flex when it needs to.
At a little over 10ft long extended, the TalonMINI 310 Tenkara Rod can be used in most fishing situations.
And BONUS!!! Unlike many other mini tenkara rods out there, you still get a nice cork handle.
And of course, you will get DRAGONtail's excellent customer service and all parts available individually at a reasonable price, if you need them.
The TalonMINI has all the compactness without all the drawbacks.
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE FUN YOU WILL HAVE WITH THIS ROD !!!
Comparison of the ShadowFIRE 365, Kaida zx320, and the TalonMINI 310 rods:
(it is nearly 7 inches shorter than our Kaida Backpacker Rod)
Snap-On Line Winder does barely fit the TalonMINI 310 rod.
The September & November shipment will come with a sock similar to our other rods like the photo below:
About the Creation of the TalonMINI 310 Tenkara Rod
For a long time we have put off designing a mini pocket tenkara rod. It was too hard to get a really nice casting action and any mid flex without totally sacrificing durability like one of the popular mini rods we have seen come out of Japan. And on the other hand when you make it durable it was very stiff action except for the tip sections, like many of them on the market today.
I didn't want to make a mini rod if it fell to one or the other common issues of a mini rod, even if many of our customers where asking for a mini rod.
During the design process of the Kaida backpacker rod, we figured out how to get both durability and a great casting/fighting rod flex in a very compact rod while still keeping the the rod weight down. This opened up the doors to creating the pocket mini tenkara rod that fit my requirements, all thanks to our new proprietary blend of a slight amount of fiberglass to the right kind of carbon fiber in the right places.
We were able to achieve this pocket mini rod design and now offer it to you for a much more customer friendly price than the currently available good (or even just decent) pocket mini rod out there.
Hopefully you will enjoy fishing the TalonMINI rod as much as we enjoyed designing it and achieving design goals.