On orders $100+
Peacock Hot Head Futsu Kebari - Tenkara Fly Tying Video
How to tie a Peacock Hot Head Futsu Kebari by Brent Auger of DRAGONtail Tenkara. This is a great effective tenkara fly pattern for trout. Hope you enjoy our many Tenkara Fly Tying videos. You can also buy this fly by the dozen here >>
Fly tied by Brent Auger of DRAGONtail Tenkara and is based off of stiff hackle kebari I have seen Japanese tenkara anglers tie quite a bit.
Fly Tying Recipe Materials List:
- Moonlit Togatta ML101 #14 (or #12) barbless dry fly hook
- Red - Semperfli Classic Waxed Thread
- Green - Semperfli Classic Waxed Thread
- Peacock Herl
- Ginger or Grizzle Dry Fly Hackle - Whiting 100's work great
- Solarez UV glue (thin-hard)
- My favorite Whip Finish tool: Stonfo Whip Finisher
This is a very effective stiff hackle tenkara fly that should work on all waters and most species of fish, especially trout in mountain creeks & streams. This fly is meant to be fished within that top 6 inches of the top water, could be fished as a dry fly as well. If the trout are feeding on the top, this fly will work.
It is not super basic but it is an easy fly to tie for most beginner fly tyers that have a little experience under their belt.
Checkout our other Youtube Fly Tying videos here >>
TELL US ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE FUTSU STIFF HACKLE KEBARI IS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW?